Editor CV and Publications
Giorgio Dominese is the founder of CEEUN-Central Eastern European University Network and President of Transition Studies Research Network, being also Editor of Transition Studies Review and of the Journal of Global Policy and Governance, all of them published by Transition Academia Press.
After lecturing at Ca’ Foscari Venice University (1973-1975), he was Professor of Transitions Economics at Udine University from 2002 to 2008. On 2007 he start lecturing at the Course of European Economy and Financial Governance in full English at Rome Tor Vergata University until 2012. He was for twenty-six years professor at Roma LUISS University as Chair of Economic and Policy of Transitions, then International Relations and from 2011 to 2014 was Chair of Geopolitics at the Master of Science in International Relations.
Professor Dominese has been visiting professor in Beijing at the CFAU-China Foreign Affairs University in the second semester 2012 and lecturing from 2012 to 2014 at UIBE University Beijing. He has been delivering lectures at Renmin University of China, CIIS and Tianjin University. Visiting professor at the Vietnam National University, both in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in 2012 and 2013.
He had been visiting professor at Fudan University in Shanghai, at the School of International Relations, from 2008 to 2010 and lecturing at the School of International Management in 2006-2007.
He had been lecturing as well at Beijing University, at the Viet Nam National University, visiting professor at Bahia Blanca University, Argentina and at the Astana ENU-Eurasian National University in Kazakhstan, lecturing as well at George Washington University USA, EMUNI University Slovenia, MGIMO, HSE and Academy of Science-European Institute in Moscow, Latvia University Riga. Visiting lecturer at National Vietnam University, at the Singapore Economic Review conferences in cooperation with Nanyang Technological University on 2013, 2015 and this year on July-August 2019. He was presenting a main paper and seminar on Law, Economics and Growth at Chulalongkorn University Bangkok in 2015.
In 2009 he became a full member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts in Salzburg. From 2007 to 2012 he was professor at the University Tor Vergata Rome at the School of Economics as Chair of the courses in full English in Economics and Finance and from 2011 to 2013 as Delegate of the Rector and Special Coordinator for the Program Rome World University-RWU. He was Program Coordinator of the second YICGG Research Competition “Global Governance: Growth and Innovation 2020”, organized in Rome in August 2008, involving young doctoral, postgraduates and graduate students, as well as Joint-Coordinator of the third edition 2009 of this event at Ilia State University in Tbilisi, Georgia, while he had been in the Judging Commission of YICGG 2013 at Fudan University. Consultant and advisor both for Italian Government and UN system Organizations, as well for multinational companies and banks, he had three years experience in international programs for Development in African and Asian countries. He was Visiting Fellow in U.S. and is Member of the IISS International Institute for Strategic Studies London; AEA-American Economic Association-USA; DGAP-Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik, Berlin; DOC-Research Centre, Berlin; IPSA-International Political Science Association, Montreal; CeSPI- Centre for Politics and International Studies, Rome; IDM- Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe, Vienna. He is Member of the Advisory Board at Taras Shevchenko University Kyiv IIR Global Sustainable Development.
Member of the IDM (Institut für den Donauraum und Mitteleuropa) in Vienna and for many years of the Scientific Boards of WiFo (Austrian Institute of Economic Research); he was expert in the follow ups of the Stability Pact for Southeast Europe and still active in several other European and Asian international research Institutions; Consul of Chile (Hon) in Venice, he had been appointed by Special Award and Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary International for his international programs and activities.
A professional journalist up to now, he was for almost 20 years special envoy for newspapers and magazines, author of investigative journalism, main reports, comments and articles on topics and events. political issues, international relations, strategic studies, economics, finance, society and global governance. In the professional long-lasting experience, he had been advisor and consultant of main Companies and Institutions as Caffaro, SNIA, Zoppas Industries, Banca Intesa San Paolo, Elecxtrolux- Zanussi Grandi Impianti, COGEFAR-FIAT, San Benedetto, as well as Regione del Veneto, Advisor at Minister of Transport and Regione Friuli Venezia-Giulia.
Main Publications and recent Papers:
- Giorgio Dominese, Volume, How China’s Silk Road Initiative is Changing the Global Economic Landscape. Edited by Yuan Li and Markus Taube. Publisher: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, London and New York, October 2019, chapter 13 of the book (Author): International relations and New Silk Road-BRI. European Union and China crucial roles.
- Giorgio Dominese, author: Civil and Defence Industries value chains in Europe versus U.S. and China. The 11th CEA (Europe) and 30th CEA (UK) Annual Conference "China’s Industrialization and the Expansion of Global Value Chains" September 1-2, 2019, in Stockholm, Sweden at the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences.
- Giorgio Dominese, author: Innovation and Growth in Dual Technologies Scenario: Advanced Competition in Fourth Industrial Revolution. Singapore Economic Review in cooperation with NTU-Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, August 5-7, 2019
- Giorgio Dominese, author: Investments and budgets for Defense: synergies in the high-tech industrial sectors. The case of Europe and the main international players, special presentation and lecture, University of Udine, University Center Pordenone, April 8, 2019
- Giorgio Dominese, author: Europe and Asia in the Age of Irreversible Globalization and the Fall of Nations, CEA-UK Conference, University of Manchester, September 1-3, 2017
- Giorgio Dominese, author: New Silk Road and the crucial role of Central Asia for EU and China, University of Duisburg, September 1-3 2016, 8th Cea (Europe) and 27th Cea (Uk) for the IN-EAST Annual Conference.
- Giorgio Dominese, author: EU, Democracy, Optimal Governance and Less Statehood in a Transnational and Regional World, IPSA 24th Congress Political Science, Poznań, Poland, July 23-28, 2016
- Giorgio Dominese, author: The complexity of the Future and the New Theories of Growth: Human Capital, Technologies, Policy Choices and Global Governance, Transition Academia Press Venice, Journal Global Policy and Governance, Vol. 20, N. 2, 2015
- Giorgio Dominese, author: Law, Economics and Science: towards convergent Education and Research disciplines, AJLE, Asian Journal Law and Economics, De Gruyter Publishing, November 2015
- Giorgio Dominese, co-author, Sovereign Wealth Fund Activism and Corporate Governance: a Literature Review, Bangkok, Chulalongkorn University, AJLE Conference, August, 2015
- Giorgio Dominese: Intellectual capital evaluation for a new deal in welfare policies and management, in Andrea Garlatti, University of Udine Italy; Giorgio Dominese, Transition Studies Research Network, Venice, Italy; Stefano Miani, University of Udine, Italy, SER Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, paper to Conference 2015
- Giorgio Dominese: Europe reaching US in World Power with a "Non Statehood" optimal Governance, Journal Global Policy and Governance, Vol. 20 (1) 2014
- Giorgio Dominese: Erosion of Sovereignty and “non Statehood” in Global Governance, presented to the Singapore Economic Review Conference, August 5-8, 2013
- Giorgio Dominese: ‘’Le gaullisme à venir sera paradoxalement européen ‘’ , Outre-Terre, Revue Européenne de Géopolitique », 2013, France, La Nation alignée, Paris, vol. 33-34
- Giorgio Dominese (co-Author), Patrizia Stucchi (Author), 2012, “Equity Market Risk during the Crisis: Europe, Americas and Asia”, Transition Studies Review and International Journal of Euro- Mediterranean Studies, 2012
- Giorgio Dominese, 2012, “Economic, Financial and Geopolitical Governance: USA, European Union and China”, Transition Studies Review vol. 18 (3)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2010, “Social, Economic, technological and strategic crisis that marked the end of USSR”, Paper at the Workshop in Rome “Italy, Russia, Europe: 1945-2010”, University of Rome Tor Vergata-TVWU and Russian Academy of Sciences-RAN, Moscow, November 2010.
‐ Giorgio Dominese, 2010, “Europe and the Euro: Do not Indulge in Misinterpreting Strength as Weakness”, Paper presented in Venice at the International Workshop organized by the Department of Economics, Ca’ Foscari University Venice, February 2010, Transition Studies Review, vol.17 (4)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2010, “Theories of International Relations: from an American Science toward a pluralism of Thought”, Paper presented in Moscow at the Congress of the Russian Political Science Association, November 2009,Transition Studies Review, vol.16 (4)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2009, “Global Governance and Innovation 2020: how to Govern the Complexities of the Future”, Transition Studies Review, vol.16 (2)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2009, “America and the World, Obama and the War”, Transition Studies Review, vol.16 (1)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2008, “Asian security issues: what Europe could tell Asia”, Transition Studies Review, vol.15 (1)
- Giorgio Dominese and Valentina Mele, 2007, “Managing Business-Government Relations: Principles and Techniques”, Libreria Egea, Pellicano series, Bocconi University, Milan
- Giorgio Dominese, 2007. "Foreign Investments as the Main Determinant Growth Factor in Asian Countries and Regions," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 14(1)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2006. "How To Prepare the EU Integration: Banking System, Monetary Policy, and Exchange Rate in Macedonia," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 13(2)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2006. Intégration, interférence, droit comparé: à la recherche d'un ordre international durable, Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, nr. 1/2006
- Giorgio Dominese, Knowledge, Innovation and Development: the Transfers from Universities and Research to Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Bologna Process Framework, at EIASMEuropean Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, Conference Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice, May 4-6, 2006
- Giorgio Dominese, 2005. "Ukraine Economy, Finance in the Reform Process and the European Partnership: A Focus on Aerospace Industry," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 12(2)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2005. "Europe and Security in the Caucasus," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 12(1)
- Giorgio Dominese, 2004. "Research, Universities, Culture and Higher Education Performing as a “Fourth” Sector in the Transition Economies," Transition Studies Review, Springer, vol. 11(3)
- Giorgio Dominese, in Greek-Turkish Relations: a Key to Stability in the Eastern Mediterranean, edited by Marisa Lino, Johns Hopkins University, SAIS-School of Advanced International Studies, Bologna Center, Editions Bonomo, Bologna, 2005
- Giorgio Dominese, Kazakhstan, Central Asia and Europe: Oil and More, paper at EPS-European Policy Centre, The Andreas G. Papandreou and Perspektiva Foundations, Brussels, 2005
- Giorgio Dominese, SMEs International Financing, paper at Primorska University, Koper, 2005
- Giorgio Dominese, Ukraine Financial and Economic Growth in the Framework of the Reform process and the European Partnership, paper Institute of International Relations, National Taras Shevchenko University Kiev, Ukraine March 2005
- Giorgio Dominese, in South Eastern Europe on the Road Towards European Integration, by Erhard Busek, Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe, Molden Verlag, Vienna, 2004
- Giorgio Dominese in Transition beyond Enlargement: Rethinking Next Europe Governance, by András Inotai et Al., Europa 2002, Budapest, 2/2004