"Compact Seminars" visiting professor scheme for partner TSRN universities
Some preliminary notes on Transition Academia Press
We have reshaped deeply Transition Studies Research Network and now we have a Section to publishing Journals and books, Transition Academia Press, based in Venice and Rome but also at the leading editorial main worldwide partner universities or research centers. Of course you will be on board and now I would like to have a main scholar and faculty among the Co-Editor-in-Chiefs, who will be 4 to 6 faculty and experts for each journal.
Talking of research programs and visiting professors scheme, my aim would be to find distinguished, internationally experienced faculty from worldwide universities to whom to ask to promote a better diffusion of our initiatives and projects, together with a wide alerting for the submission of papers through Transition Studies Research Network and its publishing Section Transition Academia Press (www.transitionacademiapress.org).
We would consider also positively proposals to publish new journals and books with Publisher Transition Academia Press, in 2-3 issues per year for the journals, and case by case with books, with Editors indicated by the partner’s universities or research centers, at very low costs (with all the editorial aspects, printing and web platform included), with the Publisher Transition Academia Press.
At this end, I am ready to prepare a visit available universities in the first semester of 2015, focusing on the Compact Seminars special courses and junior level research activities connected. I will then test the “Compact Seminars”, in one of the issues and topics indicated in this memo, during my visiting professor. In this case my staying will last for 12-14 days, not more, in the inviting universities, for each course delivered..
In order to present the future research and lecturing programs, we have prepared with colleagues of several universities affiliations a proposal for "Compact Seminars" of 12-14 days, where the lecturing professors will come from abroad and different universities and they have to be specialized on niche issues listed below and other really new frontiers of knowledge. The seminars will be delivered - in the Schools, Postgraduate and PhD courses within Departments and Institutes welcoming the formula - in 20 hours from Monday to Friday, leaving the weekend to the students to prepare the final working papers assigned, on which they will pass a final exam based on both their research and a frontal exam by the 10th-12th day of the "Compact Seminar".
Faculty who would be interested in this experience (very useful also for the updating and reshaping of curricula in the university courses), will be welcomed to apply to the Transition Studies Research Network, offering to be proposed for the intensive courses in one of these topics I mention indicatively here after. Of course the proposals would have a much wider fan both in scientific and quantitative analyses as well as in advance applied Social Sciences courses, revamping Humanities departments or Centers, surging up as cultural and intellectual top higher education in universities higher courses and specializations.
1) From International Relations to Policy Choices in the Global System
2) Global Power Europe, Transatlantic Relations and TTIT
3) New Theories of Growth: Technology, Human Capital and Welfare as crucial factors
4) European Union special relations with Asia, China and the main Eastern Asia advanced countries
5) Great East Asia and Pacific Rim in World Affairs: economic, political, financial, technologic and strategic impact
6) New Approaches to International Economics and Trade
7) International Finance, Monetary Policies, Currencies and Derivatives role in financial markets main drivers
8) Welfare and Social Policies: Equal Gender implications and cultural change in life style and social expectations
9) Security and Military expenditure: theories vs. practices of Optimal Hybrid Industrial spin-off
10) Health system, Welfare, Management and Coordination of Policies related to individual citizen and to the weak social segments of youth, elderly, jobless and rural population
11) Knowledge, Skills, Innovation, Science and Human Capital: the melting pot of the crucial factors determining the jump of individual countries from developing to full achieved growth path, economic openness, trade, infrastructures, domestic and international investments, banking system, and over all GDP performances in lowering income inequalities
12) Reshaping main TransAtlantic and AsiaPacific great regional frames of cooperation and alliances for an advanced World Order and a better Governance
13) Two crucial "belt" regions to build dialogue, updated partnership and advanced partnership, avoiding a new Cold War or real fire Conflicts spreading out: the Eurasian "blue belt", from Baltic region, Central and Eastern Europe, Balkans, Black Sea, Near East, Caucasus and Caspian Sea region; and the "green belt" of the Islamic countries, from Morocco, West Africa, North Mediterranean Arab countries, the Great Middle East and along the Islamic countries until Malaysia and Indonesia.
14) The Near and Middle East, with the specificity of its complex problems, challenges and never ending danger of conflicts would be focused as a distinct frame of the main picture if conflicts and instability .
This wide horizon seminars, as the ones just summarized, might be divided in two specific “compact seminars”, with moments of common lecturing and students researching intensive activity, in order to match successfully the final working paper preparation on all different aspects indicated by the lecturing professor, a short research that will be part of the overall examination and determining 40 per cent of the final score, before the frontal exam.
The "compact seminars" final exams must bring some “credits” value added to participant students in order to be attractive and at the same time prizing the students.
I add the last update version of our aims and scopes, the cover of the journals in print and online before the end of 2014 and the ones starting up in the 2015, the rules for authors, my CV and publications and the subscription really symbolic rates for students and individuals, differently than for Institutions and Libraries
Transition Studies Research Network
(Professor Giorgio Dominese, Chairman)